On Monday 5th October, the next knight of the month - if one qualifies - will be announced.
Above is a new award. It is the Word Nerd Army Award for Knightly Potential. Sounds rude but isn't.
This is your opportunity to nominate people you think have made a contribution to the cause of words. Maybe they run a writing group or blog or maybe they're an awesome librarian or teacher or maybe they're a writer or simply just passionate about books. You can even nominate yourself! The Award of Knightly Potential shows that a person has been nominated to go forward into the next tournament to choose the Word Nerd Knight of the Month.
How to Nominate Someone
To nominate someone, simply present them with the above award - which shows that you think they have knightly potential - and pass on the following rules.
Rules of the Award/Nomination
Here are the rules a person must follow to display the award and qualify for consideration for the big award - Knight of the Month:
If you are nominated to be the next Word Nerd Knight of the Month, you can put the above award on your blog/site once you have completed the following tasks. The award shows that you are deemed by one of your peers to have the potential to be a Knight of the Month. It is your invitation to the Word Nerd Knight of the Month Tournament.
- Follow http://wordnerdarmy.blogspot.com/. You need to follow this blog to be entitled to display the award and be considered as a potential Word Nerd Knight.
- Put up a post on your own blog/site thanking the person who gave you the award and writing about one of the 11 Word Nerd Army issues that you feel passionate about. Go to the first post - http://tinyurl.com/11issues - to see these issues in more detail and the short URLs for each of them. Write about an issue on your blog and link back here at the end of your post.
- Come to this post and leave a message in the comment section saying who nominated you and leaving a link to your blog post about the issue you chose to write about. You can also say in your comment why you think you would make a great Knight of the Month.
- Nominate 3 more potential Knights of the Month by sending them the award, passing on these rules and linking to this post. Once you have completed 1-4 you have qualified as a potential Knight of the Month as you have shown dedication to words and respect for fellow word lovers - all qualities that make for a great Word Nerd Knight.
- Put up your award! Link back to this blog or link to the post in which you wrote about the issue in your own blog. Wait to see if you win the big prize!