Sunday 9 August 2009

Issue 8 - Illness, bad fortune and/or poverty need not be a significant barrier to success. Web 2.0 can re-enable people facing hardship

8/ Illness, bad fortune and/or poverty need not be a significant barrier to success. Web 2.0 can re-enable people facing hardship.

  • Do you have any experience of this?

  • Do you know of good research about this?

  • How do you feel about this?

  • How can 'Word Nerds' help on a local/National/International scale?

  • How can we use the internet to help?

  • What do we know that could help governments to deal with this issue?

3 comments:

  1. I have lots of experience in this area as someone with a long-term mental health difficulty who's managed a little success thruogh the web. I've also done a fair amount with various organisations working ni the area. I could go on for a long long time, but I'd bore everyone half to death. Needless to say, it's something I'm passionate about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing that. This is very important to me too and I hope lots more people will comment on it. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We each have our weaknesses and disadvantages. The true measure of a person is not what we see but what is inside us. That passion, will and desire to drive, strive and work until we achieve our goal. My dad taught me from example that nothing that happens to the body can slow down the spirit and heart of a person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Can't wait to read your thoughts. Know someone who'd make a good Knight of the Month? Leave their details and a reason with your comment.

How The Word Nerd Army Was Born

A group of tweeple agreed with the idea that:
The Pen is Mightier Than the Pin-up